Solvecta - Portfolio : Software Design : VB : TeleMeter
This project started life when we looked at the
market for Internet connection monitoring software and found that the existing
software was rather basic - we created our own software which would have many
more options: e.g. statistical analysis.
This product only
applies to dialup Internet access - it would not be of any use with always-on
connection like broadband.
Features of TeleMeter software:
- Compatible with Aide Onlinometer files
- Analyse online spending between any two
- Up to 3 different cost periods: Week day
mornings, Week day evenings and Weekends - Specifically tailored to UK (i.e.
BT etc), but can be modified to suit other locations
- Connection speed is logged - compare speeds
at the weekend with the weekdays, for example
- A backup of the log file can be
automatically saved to a separate folder
- Printing options
- Graph/Plot data: hours logged, success rates
- If you are limited to x hours per day,
TeleMeter can show you how much time you have spent so far and how much you
- Provides: number of calls, average time per
call, total time, time spent per day, average cost per call, total cost,
estimated annual cost - and even the amount lost due to having a minimum call
A self-extracting all in one executable (.exe)
file is still available here (443kb).This contains the additional tutorial files in html format. Download and run it to extract the files into a suitable directory such as
C:\Program Files\TeleMeter. To run TeleMeter just
double click on shortcut.
Released under the "Verysoft"